Trainee Land & Measured Surveyor Job
Start your surveying career at THS Concepts
Apprentice Role | Based In Southend, Essex | Apply Today
THS Concepts are a small, Essex based land, engineering and measured surveying company looking for intelligent, hard working, good humoured, team players to join the team.
We are keen to steadily build an experienced, friendly and committed team who enjoy coming to work every day.
THS Concepts are currently looking for an ambitious and reliable junior to begin full-time employment as an assistant to our land and measured building surveyors. You will initially be shadowing our Surveyors learning a number of different elements including:
- Accuratley measuring areas of land and buildings using total stations / 3d scanners / GPS equipment.
- Producing 3D & 2D CAD drawings of the areas of land / buildings you have surveyed.
- Creating health and safety documentation prior to arriving on site to help ensure the survey team is safe.
A typical working week for this role would involve 1 or 2 days on site, ranging from small apartments in the local area to large commercial properties or multi-million-pound mansions in London and the South East.
The remaining days will be spent in our Leigh-on-Sea office draughting survey notes into drawings, as well as assisting with other general day-to-day office duties. Surveys are typically undertaken using hand-held lasers, tapes and occasionally total stations and 3D laser scanners.
Key Benefits Of Working For THS Concepts
What We Require From You
- Willingness to learn, aquire information, ask questions and grow their surveying / CAD skills.
- Computer literate, you must be able to competently use a PC.
- Happy to travel and work away from the office, sometimes we require overnight stays for survey tasks.
Desired (but not necessary):
- Full UK driving licence with your own vehicle.
- Previous experience of the construction industry (work experience, previous job etc).
- Based in or around Southend-On-Sea in Essex.