Online Calculator To Work Out Mortar Mix For Your Wall
Use Our Calculator To Calculate Cement / Sand Mortar Quantities For Your Wall
Article By: Tom Ayre
Last Update: May 2020
Calculating the correct mortar mix materials for your wall is important to ensure you build the wall correctly and keep costs economical.
The calculator we have built below helps save time with manual calculations. The calculator can:
- Tell you how many blocks / bricks you require.
- Material quantities in kilograms
- Material quantities in 25kg bags
- Total cost of materials.
- Difference between using pre mixed bags or mixing yourself.
Fields marked with a * allow you to enter your own figures.
Let’s get started.
- Brick dimensions 215mm long x 102.5 wide x 65 mm high
- Block dimensions 440mm long x 100 wide x 215 mm high
- Default mortar mix of 1 part cement to 3.5 parts sand.
- Please double check all calculations and over order slightly for wastage.
- Don’t lay bricks / blocks in the rain / cold or freezing temperatures
- Rain can affect your mix.
- Cold weather delays the setting process and can cause cracking
- General rule of thumb is working when the temperature is more than 2ºC
Tools / Equipment Required
- Mixer Paddle
- Mixing Tub (Heavy Duty)
- Electric Mixer
- Tarpaulin Sheet
- Spirit Level
- Tape Measure