Trainee Land & Measured Surveyor Job At THS Concepts
Start Your Surveying Career With A Trained Apprentice Role at THS Concepts
Apprentice Role | Based In Southend, Essex | Apply Today
THS Concepts are a small, Essex based land, engineering and measured surveying company looking for intelligent, hard working, good humoured, team players to join the team.
We are keen to steadily build an experienced, friendly and committed team who enjoy coming to work every day.
THS Concepts are currently looking for an ambitious and reliable junior to begin full-time employment as an assistant to our land and measured building surveyors. You will initially be shadowing our Surveyors learning several different elements including:
- Accurately measuring areas of land and buildings using total stations / 3d scanners / GPS equipment.
- Producing 3D & 2D CAD drawings of the areas of land/buildings you have surveyed.
- Creating health and safety documentation before arriving on-site to help ensure the survey team is safe.
A typical working week for this role would involve 1 or 2 days on-site, ranging from small apartments in the local area to large commercial properties or multi-million-pound mansions in London and the South East.
The remaining days will be spent in our Leigh-on-Sea office draughting survey notes into drawings, as well as assisting with other general day-to-day office duties. Surveys are typically undertaken using hand-held lasers, tapes and occasionally total stations and 3D laser scanners.
Key Benefits Of Working For Us
In House Training
Utilising site and office based work you will quickly understand the basics of surveying and how things are drawn up in CAD. We also send our team members on external courses to assist with their training.
4 Day Working Week
We operate a 4 day working week at THS Concepts meaning instead of working 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday, we work 10 hours a day Monday to Thursday. This gives you a 3 day weekend each week!
We reward loyalty and take pleasure in maintaining a tight group of committed and reliable professionals. Our relaxed office environment makes working at THS Concepts a little bit nicer than a high stress, quick staff turnaround company.
Paid Apprenticeship / Training
You will be paid a starting rate of £16,000 per year which will gradually increase as you gain experience and becomes self-sufficient. Overtime is paid, and travel expenses including mileage are covered. We also provide uniform, PPE and necessary equipment and tools to undertake all types of work.
What We Require From You
- Willingness to learn, acquire information, ask questions and grow their surveying / CAD skills.
- Computer literate, you must be able to competently use a PC.
- Happy to travel and work away from the office, sometimes we require overnight stays for survey tasks.
Desired (but not necessary)
- Full UK driving licence with your own vehicle.
- Previous experience of the construction industry (work experience, previous job etc).
- Based in or around Southend-On-Sea in Essex.
How To Apply
Covering Letter / CV
- Please send us a brief covering letter / email explaining why you would like to work in the surveying industry.
- Please send us your CV in PDF format.
- Send to email@example.com with the subject line “Job Application – Trainee Surveyor”