THS Concepts LTD are a small but quickly growing surveying and technical drawings provider. We work with residential and commercial clients in the South East of the UK on projects ranging in size from small 1 bedroom apartments to large multi story office buildings.
The business is looking to expand its current work load by providing clients with an all in one surveying, planning regulation drawings, building regulation drawings and structural engineering calculations package. We are currently looking for a semi experienced Structural Engineer to join us in Southend-On-Sea, Essex. The candidate will join and lead a small team of Surveyors and CAD Technicians working on small to medium domestic projects. Typically we will require the Structural Engineer to visit prospective sites and produce the associated calculations.
We are also closely involved with a local marine based Engineering Consultant, it is expected that the Engineer will also assist with work of this nature.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
– Ability to work independently. Confidence in initially being the sole Engineer in the business.
– Degree and desirably a masters degree in Structural Engineering. Istrut Member or working towards.
– 5 Years experience in a Structural Engineering practice with the ability to demonstrate previous work undertaken.
– Can competently assess and design steel beams / columns / timbers / foundations / connection design to Eurocode and / or British Standards)
– Good knowledge in using Microsoft Excel with the ability to develop and modify in house design programs.
– Competently able to use AutoCad
– Driving licence and cad (mileage paid at £0.45 / mile)
– Reliable character with no criminal record (checks may be required).
– Excellent English and general manner.
Get in touch today!
If you think you may be the ideal candidate for us then please reply with:
1 – CV with references available.
2 – Potential start date.
3 – Salary expectations